Saturday, July 18, 2009

an update on mark & prayer request

I've been getting lots of emails lately asking how Mark is doing. We feel so grateful to have such supportive people in our lives & that you take the time to write & let us know that we are being prayed for & thought about. Thank you a million times :)

There has been a change in Marks health over the past several months. We have noticed that he is getting sick more & that his need for blood transfusions has increased. Mark remains strong & positive & at this point, it has been a bit of a "waiting game" to see what the Aplastic Anemia, is going to do next.

One of the horrible things about this disease, is that you have so many questions that remain unanswered. There are so few people that actually get aplastic anemia (1 in 1,000,000), that even the doctors don't know much about it. In all the time that Mark has had it, we have never even met anyone else with the disease.

This is so hard for me to ask, but could you please pray for my strength? Day to day it's been a hard lately. I can't imagine my life without Mark & even if I think about it for a moment, my heart just breaks. I keep so much inside that there are very few days in the past month or so, that I don't wake up with a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I also feel so guilty for these feelings. I want to be strong for my family & to have faith that God is in control. It's just so hard not to be scared to death of what the next day will bring.

At this point, all I know to do is pray, have faith in God, to be thankful for every day....and pray some more.

Thank you so much for your support. It means more to me than you will ever know.

XXOO

6 comments:

Rusty (tien's groomsman) July 18, 2009 at 7:33 PM  

Erica

My thoughts are with you and Mark. I saw that you went to John Hopkins. Know that it is one the best, if not the best, hospitals in the world. My dad had Stage 2B pancreatic cancer and had it resected at John Hopkins when every other hospital said it was basically too late. 9 months later he is cancer free.

I was by my dad's side the entire way and I know how difficult it is. But you can never lose hope, never give up, and most importantly, NEVER take no for an answer. No or it's too late is not good enough!!

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Rusty (tien's groomsman) July 18, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

Erica

My thoughts are with you and Mark. I saw that you went to John Hopkins. Know that it is one the best, if not the best, hospitals in the world. My dad had Stage 2B pancreatic cancer and had it resected at John Hopkins when every other hospital said it was basically too late. 9 months later he is cancer free.

I was by my dad's side the entire way and I know how difficult it is. But you can never lose hope, never give up, and most importantly, NEVER take no for an answer. No or it's too late is not good enough!!

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Unknown July 18, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

Oh my gosh, Erica, I have been following your blog since February and never knew this. I just read your blog about Mark that you posted in December, and it broke my heart. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. And I have never liked donating blood because I hate needles, but I will next time I have the opportunity. I want to be able help wonderful people like you two. God Bless.

Pru July 19, 2009 at 12:22 PM  

I will definitely be praying for all of you. Mark, because we want him to be healthy and You, because he's your man and it's hard to get rid of the 'what if's' in your head. But it's hard to be there for him with the tormenting 'what if's' .... God won't give you more than you can handle. It just means that you get to really appreciate everything about him, especially the little things that many of us take for granted. Praying and I mean REALLY praying, not just saying it.

Jaren July 29, 2009 at 9:41 AM  

I don't think it's by happenstance that I clicked on your blog today...I think it's all about Somebody's perfect timing...you all are in my thoughts and prayers Erica. Love, Jaren

Lyndsay Almeida August 5, 2009 at 3:40 PM  

i'm praying...for strength and wisdom and peace that passes all understanding. i'm so sorry ya'll are going through this.

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Join the Fun :)

I ♥ Faces {Week 2}

Top 5 pick for Mary Marantz & Jose Villa in the Best faces photo challenge.

Blog Design By: