Friday, January 22, 2010

I Heart Faces {Fix it Friday}


Every Friday at I ♥ Faces an image is posted for Fix it Friday. It is a chance for photographers of all skill levels to try out their editing skills, and it gives you a chance to learn something new!

This is the original image that was posted. I adore everything about this photo & it really didn't need much editing done.



This is my first edit. My goal here was to add a little contrast & pop the colors.
- The first thing I did was a curve adjustment (simple s curve)
- Then I made a hue/sat. adj layer & masked out the skin tones with a soft, low opacity brush.
- Ran "green with envy" from TRA on the grass areas and lowered the opacity to 15%
- Used my burn tool to darken background & make the subjects pop.
- Cropped



This is edit #2
- Ran Flora Bella champagne b/w conversion & tweaked to taste.



post signature

4 comments:

Amandalynn January 22, 2010 at 11:45 AM  

I like the black and white best!

Sandy "From the Heart of Texas" January 22, 2010 at 12:42 PM  

Both are great but I really like the black and white!

Natalie January 22, 2010 at 1:08 PM  

wow. your first edit is truly stunning. :)

Chrystal January 24, 2010 at 10:41 PM  

Erica-YOU did great on this challenge! Way to go! Go you...!

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Join the Fun :)

I ♥ Faces {Week 2}

Top 5 pick for Mary Marantz & Jose Villa in the Best faces photo challenge.

Blog Design By: