Monday, December 29, 2008

My Latest Painting

I was contacted by Mackenzie {pictured right} asking if I could paint a picture that had been taken of herself, her sister & their 2 dogs to give to her mother for Christmas. After she emailed the image to me I was so excited to take on the project! I knew that it would not be easy because most of the girls facial features were blown out by the flash on the photographers camera. I even had to get Mackenzie to email a picture of her teeth to me before I started so I could see how they are shaped!!! :)

Here is the original:

Photobucket

And about 17 hours later...

Photobucket

I had the best time with this project & am so proud of the way it turned out. The family has decided to have the painting put on an 16x20 canvas & framed in an antique gold frame. I can't wait to see this painting on canvas!!!

10 comments:

Anonymous December 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM  

Wow that is too cool!!! How do you do that?????

Erica Kree December 31, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

Leslie,
Lots of work in Photoshop & then lots of work in Corel. :)
Erica

Corinna Hoffman Photography January 2, 2009 at 12:55 AM  

Hey, girl! Thanks for the blog love on my latest maternity session :) By the way, you're really rockin' this paint pictures!!

Lyndsay Almeida January 2, 2009 at 6:08 PM  

You did a great job! I bet they loved it. :)

Just Dandy Blog January 6, 2009 at 10:16 PM  

wow! that one is awsome girl!!

Anonymous January 21, 2009 at 9:27 PM  

thank you so much!!
-mackenzie

Ginger Dupre February 10, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

Of course I have extra love for these shots because of the Dachshunds! Great work girl!

Erica Kree February 10, 2009 at 4:01 PM  

Awe thank you Ginger! I love doxies too..I've had my little Trixie for 9 years in Sept. I would love to have more if I didn't have a 3 year old :o)
I'll have to show you Trixie's painting.

Dmac February 12, 2009 at 8:15 AM  

Erica,
Nice job on the blog. Pictures are excellent.

Erica Kree February 12, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Thank you Donovan! Give Winnie a hug for me :)

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Join the Fun :)

I ♥ Faces {Week 2}

Top 5 pick for Mary Marantz & Jose Villa in the Best faces photo challenge.

Blog Design By: